Lufia 2 - Battle Theme [R Lufia 2 - Battle Theme [R

Deserving of being in the remake

One thing I like about your "remixes" is that they actually sound like they could be in the game. Same for this one, a nice modern rendition of this classic song.

Thanks man!

FF4 - Overworld [Remake] FF4 - Overworld [Remake]

Alrighty now...

Your remixes are just very amazing, they don't try to break new ground on purpose with each note like many other remixes do, but rather yours stays within the boundaries of the original piece but extends or adds to the emotion that the original piece had. To me this piece was always a symbol of Cecil heroic struggle for a better future, whether that was a future of being Red Wing Captain near the beginning, his new future as a fugitive of the throne, his new found future as a Paladin and so on, it was a song that always matched Cecil's struggle no matter what part of the game you were on. The slight choir in the background of this piece was actually the part that stood out the most to me, not because you included choir like most who remix this song in your fashion do, but rather because they weren't the spine of the piece, instead they were the supporting beams similar to how Cecil has his many comrades by his side in his struggle throughout the entire game no matter what kind of crazy task they had at hand, and that's kind of the mood I got from your remix that no matter what happens the fight will go on and his friends will be right under him for strength.

Now what makes this Remix even more special is how I said your remixes ever purposely break the boundaries of Video Game remixes, well this one did for me at least for bringing out the emotion that the original piece held for me and adding so much to the tune making it both nostalgic and pleasing to the ears. I may not have ever played through the SNES version of FF4 which I'm somewhat happy about as I heard the translation is off, but getting back on track, everything in this track was blended together with such passion and feeling I'm certain you have played most likely every incarnation of this great game. I believe that this remix is even better then the remix of this song "The Flying Machine" in OCRs FF4 Album, because rather then hitting the listener with a huge orchestra line, choir leading up the front, and everything else you'd expect from a remix on this song, you took a more calm(and less cliche) approach and didn't change what didn't need to be change, instead you just added in a very honorable manner that even Nobou himself may have to give you props on for making such a tribute to an amazing song.

Now why have I chosen to make such a long winded review of this song?
1. FF4 is one of my all time favorites.
2. This is one of my all time favorite songs.
3. I've listened to a good amount of your material, and which each song I feel like going back and playing some of these old games which you have chosen to grace with you talent over music.
4. I wanted you too know that you're going to be my first favorite Artist because you do more then just remix these songs from my childhood, you honor the original and take care with each note.

And for the love of god please submit this stuff to OCR, you have a lot more talent then a lot of what I've heard on there, in my personal opinion. And sorry if this Review is a little long for your liking but yeah after hearing all your stuff I had to give you what you deserved instead of the average NG Audio Review. Hopefully you enjoyed reading it if not hoping it'd end(actually I'll be amazed if you read it all lol...)

From one Final Fantasy IV fan to Another
~Sx2Kirby(5/5, 10/10)

P.S. Sorry if my grammar was off, I was browsing Newgrounds at 3:30am before i went to bed saw you had a new one and decided to check it out.

Wow!

I don't know what to say.
Yes, i read it all and thanks big time for your review and vote.
I will look it up that OCR you are talking about and maybe i will post my music to that place as well.

And yes, i have playes every inch of that game and listening to every note played in the tracks of the game, so i feelt like composing something to tribute the awesome music.

Thanks again for your feedback.

SOM - ManaFortress [Remake] SOM - ManaFortress [Remake]

Very nice enhancement

Very nice, shares the same epic ending tone as the original, if they ever made a remake of Secret of Mana(oh god please) This is probably what the mana fortress theme would sound like. Love the flute at around 0:26, hell I love everything in this except the ending has too much extra stuff on there. You did a very nice job enhancing one of my favorite songs from a overall amazing soundtrack.

BTW: You two are right kids these days with their new action rpgs like KH(over rated) people don't appreciate a classic like Secret of Mana, and if this makes every other game look bad. Secret of Mana was originally supposed to be like 4x longer but no CD add-on for the SNES forced Square to cut 60% of the game out. and it still rocks. So remake with that old stuff in please.

Thanks a million.

No, i am not a kid, i am 30 y0 and i compose my music alone.

Yes, i think so too, ppl today doesn't know anything about classic rpg's.
And that's sad.

MegamanX3-Introstage MHX3 MegamanX3-Introstage MHX3

This ladies and gentlemen is how you remake a song

Very good job my man, you kept the songs base melody and tune, but gave it a different theme and made it less techno which is the only thing that kept the MMX3 song from beginning my favorite MMX Intro Stage Song...

Respect(5/5 10/10),

Cave Story ~welcome To Hell~ Cave Story ~welcome To Hell~

This place is too hard &gt;:0

Your moonsong was a little more epic but this just straight up sweet and thats why Sx2 gives you a 5/5 and 10/10 congrats on two great remixes...

Great job,

kirby - Fountain of dreams kirby - Fountain of dreams

This song is gonna be in my next couple dreams...

Good job bro, the string parts were very well done, but try to smooth out the song like some else who commented on this song said. It's a little rough around the edges but with a little extra work this may be as epic as the original or even surpass it(LOL) I was gonna give this a 8/10 4/5 but then I got to 1:30 so here you go a 5/5 and a 9/10

Kirby Super Star - Dynablade 1 Kirby Super Star - Dynablade 1

Thats the second time today you have blown my mind

Like your Super Kirby Compilation this one is near perfect in every way it should have been a little longer ^_^;; but that is besides the point... Your kirby remixes are awesome(please do the Marx Theme lol its like one of my favorite kirby songs of all time)

Respect,

--Super Kirby Compilation!-- --Super Kirby Compilation!--

Respect...POYO

Very well done man! The techno you add to all the songs really made it come out great. Although I really wished you would have done a couple songs from Kirby SuperStar(my fave Kirby game) but still Kirby Adventure is my second favorite kirby game and has the best soundtrack(well... superstar's marx theme...) I really hope you do some more kirby remixes in the future. DOWNLOAD and 5 STARS and legit kirby fan would have to be stupid not to vote this song a 5 or a 4 at least.

Respect bro,
Sx2Kirby

SSB Kirby Stage Remix SSB Kirby Stage Remix

Eh, an okay first try...

You were probably doing this by ear, because some notes were off or just totally missing especially in the beginning but nice job after about 1:00

daYoshifan responds:

Sx2Kirby hasn't submitted anything to the Audio Portal :(

Cave Story ~Moonsong~ Cave Story ~Moonsong~

Very well done

You get a 9 for EPIC WIN(I rated in a 5) because you captured the theme of the song very well, expect you made it more dramatic especially during the end of your remix.
Moonsong is probably my favorite song in Cave Story and I have recently listen to the new Wii version's moonsong and this remix defiantly is on a close level to that song.
One thing that I found was strange was the end cause although it was very dramatic and cool, I felt you made it go on for a little too long(which is why you get a 9 lol) so I a fave for you and a download.